- Table showing trend data for the distribution of House Sparrows in all the States of the USA.
- Résumé of study on neophobia and foraging in House Sparrows. Author: Lynn Fletcher.
- BBC's Top Ten garden birds site including House Sparrow and sounds
- Bumpus' House Sparrow Data: a worthwhile exercise for students.
- Life history and history of introduction of House Sparrows in Nova Scotia (USA) including nice drawings.
- Master list and Distribution maps of House Sparrows in the USA.
- Another route to the same maps.
- Life history data and yet another access point for distribution maps in USA, probably the best.
- Life history including paintings of adult male and female, and photo of nest.
- Covert Observations of Nesting Sparrows (Scientific American- Amateur Scientist).
- Home page of Ted Anderson: Ecologist specialising in House Sparrows.
- An example of wishful thinking: the RBB HUISMUSSENPAN (showing a special roofing tile with a nesting cavity for sparrows - in Dutch: which suggests that the shortage of nesting sites is behind the population decline!
- Another independent survey with a very similar method in quite another habitat the Orkney House Sparrow Survey - a site I strongly recommend
- Fact sheet of the House Sparrow in the Birds of Britain bird guide, including nice paintings.
- House Sparrow stamps, including world map showing distribution (natural and introduced).
- Another survey site from the UK, (this month UK Wild 2000 survey) including nice to know facts about House Sparrow behavior.
- What the black bib of the male House Sparrow discloses
- Research on sexual selection in House Sparrows.
- House Sparrow eggs
- For UK citizens only: ever thought you could win £5000 by studying House Sparrows? Here is how! See also the follow-up stories in The Independent of August 10, 2000 and September 4, 2000
- Statistics on breeding pairs of House Sparrows in the Netherlands.
- Study of habitat use of urban House Sparrows in Hamburg by Simon Bower. Another site I highly recommend (in German).
- Information on a House Sparrow survey in the Netherlands (a cooperation between SOVON and KNNV - in Dutch).
- More information on a House Sparrow survey in the Netherlands (a cooperation between SOVON and KNNV - in Dutch).
Remarks about this page and suggestions for interesting additions are very welcome by e-mail to
Guus van der Poel
Back to top of page
Created on ... July 14, 2000
Updated on ... January 29, 2001